Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford University. This includes the JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and PhD programs, as well as all joint- and dual-degrees. Open to all students; citizens and non-citizens. (Visit website for deadlines).
The Fulbright US Student Program funds one year of English teaching assistantship, research, or graduate study abroad (over 140 participating countries). On-campus application process and support. Contact Jessica Fowle for more information.
Grantees plan their own programs which may include university coursework, independent library or field research, classes in a music conservatory or art school or special projects in the social or life sciences or combinations. English teaching assistantships are also available in many countries and are usually the more appropriate choice for graduating seniors.
The program promotes cross-cultural interaction and mutual understanding on a person to person basis in an atmosphere of academic integrity and intellectual freedom.
- The Statement of Grant Purpose and the Personal Statement must be submitted to the Fulbright Program Advisor (Jessica Fowle) by the first campus deadline of August 27, 2021 (before the start of Fall Quarter!). Want more time to work on revisions after receiving feedback or want to do multiple rounds of revisions? Send your materials in by the Early Bird deadline of August 6, 2021.
- Applicants must submit the complete online application including final drafts of proposals and personal statements, transcripts.
- Letters of recommendation must be electronically submitted by no later than September 15, 2021.
- Language evaluations must also be electronically submitted by no later than September 15, 2021.
- It is highly recommended that you consult Jessica Fowle, faculty or other advisors for comments on your proposal and personal statement before submitting your application to the Fulbright Committee.
- The Fulbright Campus Committee will schedule an interview with each candidate during second through third week.
- Re-submission of the final application must be prior to the October 12, 2021 deadline established by the IIE.
The Fulbright Scholarship is highly competitive and the successful applicant must carefully research the opportunities in universities of the country he/she proposes for carrying out the proposed program. The Graduate Fellowships Committee will assist students in preparing their application if sufficient time is allowed (at least four weeks prior to the campus deadline).
The Emerson Fellowship is an 11-month post-graduate fellowship split between Washington, DC and working with a community-based organization elsewhere in the United States. Fellows will work on anti-poverty and anti-hunger policy.
A list compiled by Immigrants Rising of both undergraduate and graduate/post-graduate scholarships and fellowships that do not require proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency.
The Davies-Jackson Scholarship Two years of study at the University of Cambridge (England) for first generation college students with exceptional academic records (3.7 min GPA) in select non-science fields (Archaeology; Classics; Economics; Education; English; Geography; History; History of Art; History and Modern Languages; History and Politics; Human, Social, and Political Sciences; Mathematics; Modern and Medieval Languages; Music; Philosophy; or Psychological and Behavioral Sciences.
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a fully funded yearlong study/internship in Germany. German language preferred but not required.
The William J. Clinton Fellowship for Service in India is an immersive,10-month volunteer service program matching young professionals with development organizations. Fellows work on scalable and sustainable development projects in the fields of education, livelihoods, and public health.
As a Challenge Detroit fellow, Live and work in Detroit for one year. Address some of the challenges that face the community. Annual stipend plus benefits.
Up to $30,000 for support of international experience or language study in select countries as part of your graduate studies. Requires a Federal Government service obligation. Deadline, mid January. Apply through the CIP.
Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society members are eligible to apply for graduate fellowships ranging from $2000 – $7000 to help offset graduate school costs.