The Fulbright US Student Program funds one year of English teaching assistantship, research, or graduate study abroad (over 140 participating countries). On-campus application process and support. Contact Jessica Fowle for more information.
Grantees plan their own programs which may include university coursework, independent library or field research, classes in a music conservatory or art school or special projects in the social or life sciences or combinations. English teaching assistantships are also available in many countries and are usually the more appropriate choice for graduating seniors.
The program promotes cross-cultural interaction and mutual understanding on a person to person basis in an atmosphere of academic integrity and intellectual freedom.
- The Statement of Grant Purpose and the Personal Statement must be submitted to the Fulbright Program Advisor (Jessica Fowle) by the first campus deadline of August 27, 2021 (before the start of Fall Quarter!). Want more time to work on revisions after receiving feedback or want to do multiple rounds of revisions? Send your materials in by the Early Bird deadline of August 6, 2021.
- Applicants must submit the complete online application including final drafts of proposals and personal statements, transcripts.
- Letters of recommendation must be electronically submitted by no later than September 15, 2021.
- Language evaluations must also be electronically submitted by no later than September 15, 2021.
- It is highly recommended that you consult Jessica Fowle, faculty or other advisors for comments on your proposal and personal statement before submitting your application to the Fulbright Committee.
- The Fulbright Campus Committee will schedule an interview with each candidate during second through third week.
- Re-submission of the final application must be prior to the October 12, 2021 deadline established by the IIE.
The Fulbright Scholarship is highly competitive and the successful applicant must carefully research the opportunities in universities of the country he/she proposes for carrying out the proposed program. The Graduate Fellowships Committee will assist students in preparing their application if sufficient time is allowed (at least four weeks prior to the campus deadline).