The Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of post-graduate study at Cambridge University for up to three years. The deadlines for US citizens is mid-October. Deadlines for international students vary (either early December of early January) depending on course of study. Check website for details
What it covers:
- One round-trip economy airfare
- Cambridge tuition and fees
- Maintenance allowance
- Discretionary allowance
- Excellent transcripts showing evidence of sustained academic achievement in study
- References able to speak knowledgeably about the candidate’s actual academic performance and his or her potential for scholarly growth
- Ability to show how study at Cambridge would help them achieve their personal goals
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications. Review the How to Apply page for all details.
Visit the British Council website for more information on education, scholarships, and other funding for study in the United Kingdom.