Looking for funding for your Senior Individualized Project or summer research/internship?
Several departments around campus have funding opportunities.
- Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership offers funding for Social Justice SIP Research, as well as summer internship stipends
- Art and Art History Department offers a grant for materials used for an art SIP or a grant for living or research expenses
- The Bill Laughlin Leadership Award is presented annually to two students who best demonstrate leadership, an entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to community.
- Biology Department funding page: tips on searching for internships, departmental funding for Biology SIPs, other opportunities
- Center for Career and Professional Development offers funding for first-generation and high need students who have unpaid internships
- Center for Civic Engagement offers Community Building Internships
- Center for Environmental Stewardship offers Summer Environmental Stewardship Fellowships
- Center for International Programs offers funding for SIPS and other projects that are conducted abroad
- Chemistry Department resources page has academic support resources, funding opportunities, and summer research opportunities
- The Computer Science Department maintains a summer research page
- Faculty/Student Summer Research Grants, funded by the Faculty Development committee. If you are doing research with a K faculty member, they can apply for this grant that will provide a stipend for your work with them.
- KCCSR offers an Innovation Fund for members of the student body to submit an idea for a project that will improve the quality of life of students on campus.
- The Math Department maintains a summer research page
- The Physics Department maintains a summer research page
- The Political Science Department offers the Ham Grant for Kalamazoo College students pursuing a political science-related project.
- The Psychology Department offers the Plumert-Teasley Endowed Psychology SIP Fellowship