The Lime Connect Fellowship Program is designed for rising juniors with disabilities. The program guides Fellows through the summer internship recruitment process; connects them with some of the world’s leading corporations for potential internships; deepens their leadership skills; builds their confidence as a person with a disability; engages them in a Lime Connect Fellowship community consisting of current and past Fellows, and provides access to prestigious scholarships.
Category: Featured Opportunities
The National Science Foundation
Each year the National Science Foundation awards approximately 1,000 three-year Graduate Fellowships. NSF Fellows are expected to contribute significantly to research, teaching, and industrial applications in science, mathematics, and engineering.
You do not have to be accepted to a graduate program to apply and being awarded an NSF Fellowship can enhance your graduate school applications. If you have previously been awarded an NSF REU and have plans for graduate school, please consider applying.
Applications are welcomed from students in the sciences and women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must be citizens of the U.S. or permanent residents.
Steps for Doug
Steps 4 Doug provides scholarships to families impacted by an ALS Diagnosis. Each year they provide a number of scholarships to those whose family has been impacted by ALS. There are a number of factors that go into awarding each scholarship, but the main considerations are level of connectedness to ALS, financial need, and academic aspirations.
Organization for Autism Research
The Organization for Autism Research site contains three different scholarships for students with autism.
NBC Universal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship
The NBC Universal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship offers eight (8) scholarships to be used in the fall semester of 2022 to incoming and undergraduate students (at any accredited college or university), and graduate students with disabilities who are pursuing careers in media, communications, or entertainment industries that will be enrolled in college or a university during Fall 2022 are eligible. Each recipient will receive $5,625 to help cover the cost of education at their college or university.
Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation Scholarships
The Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation Scholarships are available to applicants with a demonstrated learning challenge (disability) of dyslexia or similar reading and/or language-based disability. Scholarships are awarded annually in the amount of $500 to $2,500. Historically, approximately 20% of applicants are awarded a scholarship. Awardees may apply the scholarship funds towards the following: tuition, books, testing, tutoring, assistive technology, and other resources required to obtain accommodations.
Newman Civic Fellowship
The Newman Civic Fellowship’s goal is to support community-committed students in their personal, civic, and professional development so as to prepare them for the long-term work of public problem solving and of building equitable communities.Newman Civic Fellowship Mission Statement
The Newman Civic Fellowship provides students with training to help them develop strategies for social change. Fellows will engage in a year-long program involving virtual learning and networking with optional in-person components.
Students applying for the fellowship must demonstrate a strong interest in collaborative action with those on campus or from surrounding communities with the goal of facilitating long-term social change. Kalamazoo College will nominate one student from its pool of applicants for the fellowship. The following is a list of criteria for nomination.
- nominees must have at least one year of their education remaining either at their current institution or a separate one of higher education for the duration of the academic year
Applicants must submit all of the following materials to Jessica Fowle by Friday of Second Week, Winter Term
- Unofficial Transcript
- 200 word personal statement about your work addressing the root causes of social issues and your potential for developing innovative and collaborative strategies for addressing public problems. These may include, for example, involvement in public policy reform, community organizing, community-based research, social entrepreneurism, or other efforts to build the capacity of community-based organizations.
- Two Letters of Support, one of which must be from a faculty member
- A national convening of Newman Civic Fellows
- Regional and state gatherings of Newman Civic Fellows
- Virtual events focused on skill development and professional learning
- Opportunities to submit conference proposals to present at Campus Compact affiliated conferences
- One-on-one leadership development with a local mentor
- Participation in a national network of engaged student leaders
Newman Civic Fellows also receive:
- National recognition through Campus Compact website and media
- Special scholarship opportunities from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute to participate in their Leadership and the American Presidency program
Important Dates for 2022-2023
- October 26, 2022: Nomination form opens
- February 1, 2022
Last day to nominate students
- March 2022
2022-2023 cohort publicly announced
- April 2022
Orientation for 2022-2023 cohort
- September 1, 2022
2022-2023 fellowship starts
- November 2022 (tentative)
National convening of Newman Civic Fellows
- May 2023
2022-2023 fellowship ends, reflections due from fellows
Middlebury Language Schools
The Middlebury Language Schools are 2-8 week long summer language immersion schools in Middlebury, Vermont. There is a fee for this program, but opportunities to apply for funding that can cover all or part of the course fee are offered.