Davis Projects for Peace is an initiative open to all students at schools that belong to the Davis United World College Scholars Program (including Kalamazoo College). For more information about the application process, see our Kalamazoo College Davis Projects for Peace page. Students design their own grassroots projects for peace that they themselves will implement anywhere in the world during the following summer. One hundred projects will be selected from proposals from over 85 campuses for these $10,000 grants. Kalamazoo College is guaranteed to receive one grant each year.
For more details, including a description of K’s winning projects, see the Davis Foundation website: https://www.davisprojectsforpeace.org/projects
Deadline: January 15th
Required Materials (all due by January 15th)
- Project narrative (see guidelines below)
- Budget (see guidelines below)
- Résumé for each student participant (1-2 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation for each participant, preferably from professors (limited to 1 page each); recommenders should send letters directly to Jessica Fowle (email@example.com) by the deadline.
- Letter of affiliation from each community partner.
Submit application materials via email to Jessica Fowle (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 15th.
Project Narrative Guidelines
- Two pages, single-spaced, 1-inch margins, Times New Roman, 11 point or greater.
- At the top of the first page provide the project title, name of the college, name(s) of the student(s), project location, and the project dates.
- Provide an overview of your project and state how it will promote peace.
- Explain why this project is needed.
- Explain in more detail the nature of the project – who will the project serve, where and when will it take place, what will happen?
- Describe your role and the role(s) of any collaborators; explain how you are qualified to do this work.
- Describe the intended outcomes of the project. What difference will it make?
- Explain how you will evaluate the project. How will you know that it is successful?
- Explain how the project will be sustained beyond the summer.
• One page, single-spaced, 1-inch margins, Times New Roman, 11 point or greater.
• Provide a line item budget with a brief explanation for each item.
• Budgets must total $10,000.
Davis Projects for Peace Grant: $10,000
Additional Funding (if applicable):
|Travel (including airfare)|
|Non-Student Travel and Lodging|
|Equipment and Supplies|
|Marketing and Event Support|
Questions? Contact Jessica Fowle (email@example.com)